AIDG is currently seeking a Boston-based Program Assistant to provide program and administrative support to the organization. The position is a 6-month temporary position, with the possibility to convert to a permanent position at the end of 6 months.
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 6 months
The AIDG Program Assistant will be responsible for:
- Developing printed materials (invoices, reports, letters and other documents) for publicity, reporting, and presentations
- Consolidating financial and operational information from field offices, and preparing reports for bookkeeping and accounting
- Handling incoming emails, paper mail, phone calls and faxes
- Assisting with fundraising, grant writing, and donor management activities
- Maintenance of donor and contact relationship management databases
- Processing donations and sending acknowledgement letters and receipts
- Coordination of events, staff travel and meetings
- Minor updates to the AIDG website
- Providing updates to social networks (facebook, twitter, blogs, etc)
- Assisting with recruiting and human resources management
This is a full-time position with an initial commitment of 6 months. The position will generally require the applicant to work from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Applicants interested in this position should possess the following skills:
- 1-2 years office management experience
- Excellent computer skills, must be able to learn new programs quickly
- A commitment to issues of international development, the environment, and appropriate technology
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Strong written and oral skills
- Good penmanship
- Must be a self-starter with good time management skills, specifically must be able to anticipate next steps for successful project completion
The following additional skills are highly desired:
- Spanish and/or French language proficiency (oral and written)
- Experience designing or editing web pages
AIDG seeks a versatile, mature, friendly, independent, and dedicated individual, who also possess a good sense of humor. The candidate must demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
6 month contract, salary commensurate with experience. Review after 6 months, with possibility to convert to permanent staff.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume or CV to jobs (at) aidg.org.