I told you yesterday now members of an NBC news crew are in Gonaives gathering footage of the aftermath of the hurricanes in Haiti. Here is their first video report.
A few twitter posts from @newmediajim from the past day or so.
- we setup our own internet here at the UN compound in Gonaives. Greetings from Haiti Twitterland!
- @andrewyb we use this http://tinyurl.com/2z4gaf [Inmarsat BGAN terminal] to get broadband just about anywhere in the world
- @dougpete we did have a scare from this tropical disturbance that’s in the region. everyone tells us any measurable rain here = disaster
- @martindave thanks martin! we’ve been working pretty hard down here. hope our first effort here does story of the Hatian people justice
- @NBCNewsCrew has shot the bulk of video here. I’m acting as cameraman/producer/editor. digitized 2.5 hrs of video today
- just started to rain here in Gonaives.. not what this city needs. steady showers so far.
- @AmandaSena these people are strong though, despite crushing poverty,desruction, food/health crises, you can see their strength to carry on
- @rocklandusa works for Fairfax County VA Search and Rescue. He’s here in Gonaives, Haiti coordinating with other NGO’s
Other reporting from the field is